Saturday, November 26, 2011

Oh what a great week of family and celebration! We were asked to research and turn in a paper on Fatherhood. I was really amazed at all the data that confirmed the importance of having a father in the home. A Father that is actively involved in the life of his child can make an unmeasurable difference. Some of the benefits included: more self esteem, better in school, better health, more willing to participate in extra curricular activities....oh the list goes on and on. I found my stat's on the website Fatherhood.org. I am so grateful that I had a great Dad and that I am married to a wonderful Father to our children. We have been taught by our Church leaders the great impact a Father that honors his priesthood and presides with love and kindness in the home. A talk given Elder Faust has some great advise on how I can be a better support in the home of my husband he taught "In order to strengthen the father in the home, I make two simple suggestions: first, sustain and respect the father in his position; second, give him love, understanding, and some appreciation for his efforts."

No comments:

Post a Comment