Friday, October 14, 2011

Week 5

Great week in class. We talked about gender roles and how they applied to the family. How we might see women and men and how the world has a changing view. I love the differences between men and women! I have often thought how thankful I am to be a woman and how grateful to have courageous, strong, kind priesthood holders in the world!
We talked about The Family A Proclamation to the World and Brother Williams suggested that it could be used as a script helping families know their roles.
We jumped into same gender attraction and talked in length about some of the decision that accompany that lifestyle. I have more compassion and understanding than I did before and I am glad I was able to glean from Bro. Williams great insight.
The world has a set of labels we like to sick on people. Who made those rules? Why do we all insist on labels?

This week Brother Williams suggested that even if we are just thinking, and pondering about some of the things we learn...that is a start to understanding! I liked that!

No comments:

Post a Comment