Sunday, December 11, 2011

Blended families...mid life...

We had a great visitor this week in class…Sister Williams. We learned a bit more about some of the challenges of a blended family. It was fun to hear from real life experience and to see such a happy ending! We also learned the factors that can lead to divorce and the risks. Brother Williams mentioned that in his experience about 70% of the people that had gotten a divorce wished they would have worked it out and stayed in the marriage. Things are not always greener! We then moved into the later years in life and what can come with mid-life. This is a bit close to home as I am considered in this very range. I don’t think it is as bad as the class made it seem. I almost left crying because getting old sounded so hard! That just brings me back to my theory…Things are usually harder thinking about them than just doing it! Great class! Loved learning more about family systems!

No comments:

Post a Comment